Daniel Lund III practices in the area of construction litigation with a focus on construction and surety litigation and arbitration, business, insurance and products liability defense litigation, contract drafting and negotiations, telecommunications, as well as land use law in the areas of zoning and planning.
Dan principally represents general contractors, major subcontractors, sureties, public and private owners, and wireless telecommunications carriers and owners of telecommunications infrastructure. Additionally, Dan serves nationwide as a construction mediator, and as a construction arbitrator through the American Arbitration Association.
Mr. Lund also regularly lectures in construction law topics, including Louisiana lien law, zoning and land use planning, general Louisiana and federal construction law, and speaks on legal ethics.
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 1988
- Duke University, M.T.S., 2009
- University of New Orleans, B.A., Philosophy, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Louisiana Association of Defense Council (Board Member, Construction and Commercial Litigation Practice Group)
- New Orleans Bar Association
- National Bond Claims Association
- Successfully defended general contractor client against a bid protest related to the construction manager at risk bid process for the construction of a new terminal at the New Orleans Louis Armstrong International Airport, resulting in a contract award for the $546 million project. Construction of the facility is slated to conclude in 2019.
- Successfully defended general contractor client against a bid protest concerning a $27 million design-build construction project for the New Orleans Sewerage and Water Board. The client received the award of the contract for the project immediately following the successful defense against the protest action.
- Negotiated a long-term franchise ordinance for an international telecommunication company in connection with an installation for small cell wireless throughout the City of New Orleans.
Rate : $$$