Dan Waggoner focuses on communications, media, and intellectual property issues under the Communications Act, intellectual property laws and the First Amendment.
He represents new and traditional programmers and content providers in advisory, transactional and specialized litigation matters, and provides transactional and regulatory support for a broad range of technology and communications companies, including platform and software companies, and online, wireless, and VoIP providers.
Dan has a deep knowledge of the converging communications, media, entertainment, and technology industries and the legal and business issues facing them. At DWT he serves as the Strategy Chair for the Communications, Media and Intellectual Property Group.
Dan’s clients include Microsoft, Time Warner, T-Mobile, and Belo Corp.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Advisory Board, Wireless Influencers Conferences, sponsored by Rutberg & Co.
- Past Chair, Forum on Communications Law, American Bar Association
- Co-chair, Pacific Northwest Chapter, Federal Communications Bar Association
- Chair, MLRC-NAB-NAA Media Law Conference
- J.D., Yale Law School, 1979
- B.A., Tufts University, 1974, summa cum laude
Rate : $$$