Daniel R.H. Mendelsohn is an associate in Venable’s Corporate group. His practice focuses on a wide range of corporate law matters, including corporate governance, securities transactions, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and real estate investment trusts (REITs).
He has represented issuers in multiple stock and debt offerings, including initial public offerings and other financial transactions.
Dan also represents investment companies incorporated in Maryland in matters of Maryland corporate law unique to investment companies, including takeover defenses and shareholder litigation, and has represented community development entities and lenders in numerous New Markets Tax Credit transactions.
- Represented the special litigation committee of the board of directors of a New York Stock Exchange-listed company in the investigation of derivative claims.
- Represented a New York Stock Exchange-listed REIT in restructuring its management agreements with its external asset manager.
- Maryland counsel to a REIT in connection with a spin-off of its asset management business and related corporate restructuring.
- Maryland counsel to several REITs in connection with at-the-market offerings.
- Maryland counsel to a family of closed-end mutual funds.
- J.D.magna cum laudeUniversity of Maryland School of Law2012
- B.S.FinanceUniversity of Maryland, College Park2007
Bar Admissions : Maryland
Community : Dan is a member of the Maryland State Bar Association and a member of the Committee on Corporation Law.
Rate : $$$$