Daniel L. Nash has successfully litigated a number of widely publicized class and complex cases in federal and state courts and administrative agencies throughout the country.
He is a member of the Litigation and Labor and Employment Law sections of the American Bar Association, as well as the Sports Lawyers Association.
Dan has served as a member of the adjunct faculty at the law school of the American University in Washington, D.C. Following law school, he served as an extern law clerk to the Honorable Stanley Mosk of the California Supreme Court.
- Member of the firm’s management and compensation committees and previously co-chair of the firm’s labor and employment practice and member of the firm’s partnership admissions committee.
- Nationally recognized trial lawyer focusing on labor and employment matters.
- Reported Cases:
- Successfully defended a large retail company’s store tipping policies in a class action brought in California state court. (To read about Mr. Nash’s trial strategy featured in The American Lawyer, click here.)
- Won a dismissal of class action claims challenging a large accounting firm’s classification of junior accountants as exempt from overtime.
- Obtained a dismissal of a petition before the National Labor Relations Board that sought a nationwide union election of insurance agents on the ground that the agents were independent contractors and not employees.
- Trying a nationwide class action in federal court in Florida challenging a large retail company’s policy of compensating store managers; class certification was denied and complete defense verdict returned by the jury on the claims of
19 individual plaintiffs.
- Sports Representations:
- Successfully defended several court challenges to the suspensions of players for conduct detrimental to the game filed in Minnesota, Texas and New York courts.
- Member, Litigation and Labor and Employment Law sections, American Bar Association.
- Member, Sports Lawyer Association.
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, magna cum laude, 1983
- B.S., State University of New York College at Cortland, cum laude, 1976
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$