Daniel Newman is an experienced litigator of complex commercial, securities, and construction matters in state and federal courts and before various arbitration forums.Mr. Newman represents both plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of business and securities-related litigations, including commercial torts, contracts, shareholder derivative actions, class actions, and common law and statutory securities fraud actions.
- University of Miami School of Law, JD, cum laude (1991)
- George Washington University, BBA, Finance (1988)
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Represents entities, officers, and directors in connection with corporate internal investigations.
- Serves as receiver for business entities including those prosecuted by the SEC for engaging in securities fraud in which his efforts are concentrated on recovery for defrauded investors. Also has served and continues to serve as counsel to receivers.
- Represents owners, developers, and contractors in connection with a broad variety of construction litigation matters, including defects and delay and project scheduling and administration.
- Member, American Institute of CPAs
- Former Chair, Dade County Bar Association
- Board Member and Secretary, Florida Securities Dealers Association
- Legal and Compliance Division, Securities and Financial Markets Association
- Past President and Board of Directors, The David Posnack JCC
- Over a decade of coaching youth sports, including soccer, roller and ice hockey
- Board Member, University of Miami Law Alumni Association
Rate : $$$