Daniel G. Nguyen focuses his intellectual property practice on patents, trademarks, litigation and licensing. A Licensed Professional Engineer, Daniel has worked with clients to protect numerous innovations in telecommunications, financial services, information technology, oilfield services, gaming, power conversion, solid-state storage and other high-tech industries.
- Represented global lighting company in patent infringement action involving compact fluorescent lamp ballasts.
- Represented leading power converter company in patent infringement action involving power conversion technology.
- Represented process control company in patent infringement action involving remote process monitoring technology.
- Represented business information company in patent infringement action involving online customer feedback.
- Represented virtual instrumentation company in copyright matter involving overhaul of function names used in script-based programming language.
- Represented Fortune 200 financial services company in preparation and prosecution of patents on financial services and information technology.
- Represented major oilfield services company in preparation and prosecution of patents on enhanced oil recovery technology.
- Represented global telecommunications company in preparation and prosecution of patents on cell phone and wireless communications technology.
Professional History :
- Senior Counsel, Locke Lord LLP
- Associate, Jenkens & Gilchrist (2000-2007)
- Patent Agent, Rosenthal & Osha (1998-2000)
- Patent Agent, Fish & Richardson (1997-1998)
- Engineer, Texas Instruments, Incorporated (1992-1997)
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Houston Intellectual Property Law Association
- Texas Licensed Professional Engineer
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 1999
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1992
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Rate : $$$