Daniel Nossa is a member in the Houston office of Steptoe & Johnson PLLC. He is a derivatives and securities lawyer and head of the firm’s Blockchain and Digital Assets team. Dan advises banks, funds, corporations and trading companies in the financial and energy industries.
He has been actively involved in the blockchain and digital asset space since 2015, advising clients on securities regulations, deal structuring and private placements. He graduated with an A.B. from Princeton University and a J.D. from Stanford Law School.
- Negotiated and drafted company operating agreements, convertible notes, subscription agreements, strategic alliance agreements and letters of intent for blockchain microservice company and prepared investor and strategic partner presentation material focusing on the financial services market
- Provided developers of a social-gaming platform securities regulatory advice and draft term sheets for equity investments in the company
- Assisted a cybersecurity software development company with securities regulatory and tax advice, and negotiated and drafted company operating agreements, subscription agreements and investor term sheets
- Advised executives of energy company on the integration of blockchain technology into its commodity risk management system
- Advised on securities and broker-dealer regulations in connection with executive compensation in the form of cryptocurrency
- Regularly advise banks, funds, corporations and trading companies on financially and physically settled derivatives transactions (including swaps, options, forwards, and futures contracts)
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating ISDA documentation in connection with commodity and financial derivatives transactions
- J.D. Stanford Law School
- A.B. Princeton University
Rate : $$$