Daniel P. Porembski is an attorney in the firm’s litigation practice, aiding in a wide-range of client matters. He primarily works as a member of the BakerHostetler team serving as court-appointed counsel to the Securities Investor Protection Act (SIPA) Trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC (BLMIS), an unprecedented recovery effort involving hundreds of actions.
- Currently working on a variety of investigatory and litigation matters in connection with BakerHostetler’s role as court-appointed counsel to the SIPA Trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities, including aiding in avoidance actions and assigned claims against a number of financial institutions, hedge funds, and individuals that subscribed into BLMIS and other feeder funds.”
- Aided in investigations to determine facts and legal basis of cartel allegations involving international organizations under investigation for violations of federal antitrust laws by the Department of Justice.
- Provided consultation on review of wide-ranging changes to collective-bargaining agreement interpretation, focusing on the vesting of retiree health-care benefits.
- Assisted in litigation of ongoing claims against medical school for alleged violations of Department of Education rules.
- Assisted in advising an employer on the effects of contracting practices towards oversight by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs.
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
Community : Ohio Center for Law-Related Education: Volunteer Judge (Mock Trial/Moot Court)
- J.D., University of Akron School of Law, cum laude; Akron Law Review, Associate Editor; Moot Court Society, Vice President
- B.A., The Ohio State University
Admissions : Ohio
Rate : $$$$