Daniel Pierce practices in the areas of corporate and intellectual property law. Mr. Pierce represents clients in various business transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, venture capital investments and commercial lending transactions.
Mr. Pierce also has significant experience representing clients with respect to licensing, sponsored research and other transactions involving patents, trademarks, software and other intellectual property.
Mr. Pierce’s clients have included emerging businesses as well as seasoned companies, and are involved in a wide variety of industries, including high-tech, biotechnology, Internet and IT, broadcast media, food and beverage and traditional manufacturing.
- Represented INNODATA INC. (NASDAQ: INOD) in connection with the acquisition by its MediaMiser subsidiary of the “Agility” global media contact database and media monitoring platform from PR Newswire.
- Represented Altamil S.A. and its affiliates Deported B.V. and Electro Chango S.A. de C.V. , in the sale of Kerbal Space Program, a space simulation game, to Take-Two Interactive Software, an American distributor of video games.
- Represented Balchem Corporation (NASDAQ:BCPC) in its acquisition of Performance Chemicals & Ingredients Company (d/b/a SensoryEffects), a privately held supplier of customized food and beverage ingredient systems, for a purchase price of $567 million in cash.
- Represented Treventis Corporation in securing a $4.4 million Seeding Drug Discovery Award from the Wellcome Trust to continue development of a potentially disease-modifying drug for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Represented Oligomerix, Inc., a biotechnology start-up focused on developing disease-modifying therapeutics for Alzheimer�s and related neurodegenerative disorders, in connection with a $2.4 million Series A financing provided by angel and venture capital investors.
- Represented a Mexican manufacturer of electronic component parts in the acquisition of the assets of a manufacturer of electrolytic motor start capacitors.
- Represented Localocracy, LLC, an online platform for citizen engagement in their local communities, in the sale of all of its assets to the HuffingtonPost Media Group.
- Represented a developer and publisher of consumer and educational software in the acquisition of several nationally known consumer software titles from an educational and trade publisher.
- Represented defense contractor and UK subsidiary in sale of assets to large public-company acquirer.
- Represented online career search business in sale of assets.
Education : Boston University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1998
Admissions : Massachusetts
- Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, 2007-present
- Associate, 2003-2006
- Schnader Harrison Goldstein & Manello, Boston, Massachusetts
- Associate, 1998-2002
- Mentor, Judge and Speaker
- National Association of Corporate Directors
- Programming Committee, New England Chapter, 2008-2010
Rate : $$$