Daniel S. Stringfield is an advocate and trusted adviser for companies facing intellectual property and technology issues. Dan leverages his engineering, consulting, and legal backgrounds to provide his clients with nuanced and contextualized business and technology advice.
Clients rely on Dan when developing novel products or entering new markets in IP-intensive areas, acquiring IP assets, monetizing an existing IP portfolio and, when disputes arise, resolving them in an expeditious and cost-effective manner.
Dan has litigated patent disputes before the Patent Trial and Appeals Board (PTAB), in the International Trade Commission, and in district courts across the country. In his appellate practice, Dan has served as counsel of record in patent cases before the US Supreme Court and the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (CAFC). Dan also litigates civil cases as special co-counsel with the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office.
In his pro bono practice, Dan coordinates Steptoe’s involvement with the Chicago-based Domestic Violence Legal Clinic. Dan and other Steptoe lawyers represent victims of domestic violence in obtaining civil orders of protection against their abusers.
- Licensing Executives Society (USA and Canada), Inc.
Bar & Court Admissions:
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- US Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- US Patent & Trademark Office
- J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, with high honors; Order of the Coif; Notes and Comments Editor, Chicago-Kent Law Review
- M.S., University of Illinois, Chicago, Mechanical Engineering
- B.S., University of Illinois, Chicago, Mechanical Engineering
Rate : $$$