Daniel G. Shanley focuses his practice on electro-mechanical patent matters. His practice includes preparing and prosecuting U.S., P.C.T. and foreign utility and design patent applications; patent office post-grant proceedings; strategic counseling and due diligence; managing complex patent prosecution dockets; conducting studies of patent validity and infringement; performing freedom-to-operate studies; and assisting with intellectual property licensing and litigation.
He has expertise in a variety of fields, including automotive, medical devices, oil and gas, electronics, marine engines, turbines and consumer products. Daniel’s clients include Toyota, NICHIA, ExxonMobil, Ingenious Designs (IDL), VF Corporation, and a large financial services corporation, among others.
Daniel’s prior experience includes working as an electro-mechanical engineer for the Department of the Navy, serving as an officer in the United States Naval Reserve, and, while attending law school, working as a patent examiner at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in the mechanical arts.
- Toyota in prosecuting hundreds of patent applications before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- NICHIA, the world’s largest supplier of LEDs, in prosecuting patent applications before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and providing strategic patent advice.
- ExxonMobil, the world’s largest publicly traded international oil and gas company, in prosecution and opinion matters.
- A large financial services corporation in preparing and prosecuting U.S. patent applications.
- The North Face (a VF Corporation brand) in a confidential design patent matter.
- Ingenious Designs (IDL), a consumer products company and subsidiary of HSN, in design patent protection strategies. Also prosecuted and procured numerous U.S. and foreign design patents on behalf of IDL.
- JD, The George Washington University Law School, 2003
- BSME, US Merchant Marine Academy, 1996
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- US Patent and Trademark Office
- American Bar Association, member of ABA IPL Patent Litigation Committee (co-chair of the design patent subcommittee)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, member of the Industrial Designs Committee
Rate : $$$