Daniel Sternthal is a shareholder in Baker Donelson’s Houston office. Mr. Sternthal is a member of the Health Law Group and is board certified in health law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He represents clients doing business within the health care industry and represents providers across the continuum of care, including individual and group medical practices, hospitals, long term care facilities and ancillary service providers.
Mr. Sternthal concentrates his practice on advising clients on issues relating to regulatory, operational and corporate matters. Mr. Sternthal is a member of the Legal Committee of LeadingAge as a core member for a three-year term (2017 – 2020).
He also served as an adjunct professor at the University of Houston–Clear Lake where he taught a course on the Legal Aspects of Healthcare Administration and holds a position as an adjunct professor for the Spring 2016 semester at the University of Houston, teaching a course on Long Term Care and the Law.
Mr. Sternthal has repeatedly been named by Texas Monthly as one of the Texas Rising Stars in the field of health law. In 2008, Mr. Sternthal received the UNT Time and Talent Award for Distinguished Service.
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2001
- The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, M.A., 1999, with honors
- McGill University, B.A., 1996, with honors
- Texas, 2001
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Advised a client regarding health care reform and assisted in planning and development of an Accountable Care Organization.
- Advised clients on purchase and sale of ORFs and CORFs, and other rehabilitation facilities.
- Advised clients on applicability of the Fair Housing Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act in the long term care context.
- Drafted Admissions Agreements for long term care providers.
- Assisted in representation of providers in formation, mergers, reorganizations and acquisitions, including individual and group medical practices.
- Advised non-profit charitable organizations with regard to corporate and compliance issues related to the maintenance of their tax-exempt status.
- Served as outside general counsel to a state association that represents physical therapists.
- Assisted in the representation of physicians in front of the Texas Medical Board.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Board Certified in Health Law from the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Treasurer – Houston Bar Association (Health Law Section)
- Member – American Bar Association (Health Law)
- Member – LeadingAge of Texas
Rate : $$$$