Daniel J. Stujenske is Counsel in Simpson Thacher’s New York office and a member of the Firm’s Litigation Department. His practice includes securities and merger class actions, false advertising litigation in federal court and before the National Advertising Division, and other complex commercial litigation. He counsels clients on contractual and advertising matters in non-litigation and pre-litigation contexts. He represents clients in a variety of industries, including finance, pharmaceuticals, retail and consumer products, energy and insurance.
Dan has provided pro bono counsel in connection with immigrant detainee rights and in connection with disputes between non-profits and municipalities. Recent clients have included Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Blackstone, Pfizer, Travelers, Bayer, Best Buy, Shell Oil and Twitter.
Representative matters on which Dan has worked include:
- Best Buy, Inc. in obtaining a reversal of class certification in securities litigation
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International in multiple securities and RICO class actions related to pharmaceutical marketing and sales
- The Blackstone Group in a securities class action alleging misstatements in connection with Blackstone’s IPO
- Pfizer in federal litigation against a competitor regarding advertising for Children’s and Infants’ Advil
- Schering Plough/Merck/Bayer in multiple NAD/NARB proceedings relating to over-the-counter allergy medications
- MDC Partners Inc. in the dismissal of securities litigation related to the Company’s financial disclosures
- United States Fidelity and Guaranty Co. in appellate proceedings and a jury trial seeking recovery under reinsurance contracts
- Twitter in the dismissal of claims related to privately held Twitter stock before Twitter’s IPO
Dan received his J.D. from Columbia Law School, where he was a James Kent Scholar and Design and Layout Editor of the Journal of Law and Social Problems. He received his B.A., cum laude, from Georgetown University, with Political Economy Honors. He is admitted to practice in New York.
- Columbia Law School, 2007 J.D.
- James Kent Scholar; Journal of Law and Social Problems, Design and Layout Editor
- Georgetown University, 2004 B.A.
- cum laude; Political Economy Honors
- New York 2008
- United States District Court for Southern District of New York 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit 2016
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York 2017
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York 2017
Rate : $$$$