Daniel Stern is a partner in the Firm’s North America Tax Practice Group in Washington, DC. He mainly advises multinational and individual clients on corporate tax planning and tax dispute resolution matters. Mr. Stern has written numerous articles on domestic and international tax topics, and is a frequent speaker at Bloomberg BNA, TEI and Baker McKenzie client seminars.
His pro bono work includes representing low-income taxpayers, assisting Nepal in drafting a new constitution and advising the International Summit on the Legal Needs of Street Youth. Mr. Stern has substantial experience advising on business taxation, with particular emphasis on domestic and international tax planning for mergers, acquisitions and other major corporate transactions.
His client base includes US and foreign-based multinational corporations in the aerospace, pharmaceutical, information technology, natural resources, financial and other industries.
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D.) (2007)
- University of Virginia (B.S. Finance) (1999)
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (2011)
- Virginia~United States
- District of Columbia~United States
Professional Associations and Memberships : American Bar Association – Section on Taxation
Representative Legal Matters:
- Mr. Stern has acted on the following tax planning matters:
- Advised a multinational company regarding a multijurisdictional restructuring.
- Advised a multinational company in relation to the US tax treatment of a financial instrument.
- Advised a multinational company concerning post-acquisition integration.
- Advised an estate in relation to an asset disposition.
- Mr. Stern has acted on the following tax dispute resolution matters:
- Advised a multinational company on competent authority procedures in relation to a financing transaction.
- Represented an individual before the IRS Office of Appeals regarding an FBAR matter.
- Represented a multinational company before the IRS Office of Appeals in relation to the deductibility of repair expenses.
Rate : $$$$