Daniel G. Walsh represents both acquirors/investors and their targets/investees in acquisitions and investments in major markets around the world. His clients span industries including energy, telecommunications, technology, mining and manufacturing. He also handles public and private international and U.S. equity and debt offerings, representing both issuers and underwriters.In addition to highly sophisticated deal credentials, Daniel brings commercially practical advice and top quality work to his clients.
He leads large transactions and is part of a team that has garnered prestigious awards, including “Global M&A Deal of the Year” at The American Lawyer Global Legal Awards 2015, “TMT Deal of the Year” at the TMT Finance Awards 2015 and commendation in the FT Europe Innovative Lawyers Award 2015.Daniel has been singled out for his understanding of the Russian market, an impression that was reinforced through his work for Russian telecoms provider PJSC VimpelCom and LUKOIL, along with Chambers’ quotes from clients stating that, “he has real expertise in Russia and the CIS doing M&A.”
- Counsels boards and management of public companies on corporate governance matters.
- Member of the firm’s management and compensation committees.
- Handles international and U.S. domestic acquisitions, joint venture and private equity transactions, as well as public and private international and U.S. equity and debt transactions.
- Assists with transactions in Europe, Russia and the CIS, Africa, Asia and the United States.
- Represented LUKOIL International Finance B.V. PJSC “LUKOIL”: Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $1 billion, 10-year 4.750% notes by LUKOIL International Finance B.V. and guaranteed by PJSC “LUKOIL”.
- Counseled the board and management of an NYSE/NASDAQ-listed company with respect to numerous corporate governance and reporting matters.
- Advised BC Energy Investments Corp. on the formation of the largest privately owned integrated energy company in Argentina. The transaction combined BC Energy Investments’ and BP plc’s interests in oil and gas producer Pan American Energy with BC Energy Investments’ interests in refiner and marketer Axion Energy.
- Assisted VEON Ltd., a leading global provider of connectivity and Internet services, in relation to the $2.6 billion disposal by its Egyptian-listed subsidiary Global Telecom Holding of a 51 percent stake in Orascom Telecom Algérie, the leading Algerian mobile telecommunication operator, to the Algerian National Investment Fund. Algerian law dictates that a foreign investor cannot control a majority stake in a domestic company. The matter involved a novel structure in which a shareholders’ agreement allowed the client to maintain control of the company in spite of owning only 46.5 percent.
- J.D., Columbia Law School, 1991
- B.A., Columbia University, cum laude, 1988
- New York
- Registered Foreign Lawyer in England and Wales
Rate : $$$$