Daniel V. Ward has a wide range of experience in complex commercial disputes and securities litigation, including trials and appeals, investigations and international arbitration. His clients include public and private companies, investment advisers (including private equity sponsors, hedge funds and mutual funds) and individual officers and directors.
- JD, summa cum laude, Boston College Law School, 2006; Order of the Coif; Executive Articles Editor, Boston College Law Review
- AB (History), Princeton University, 2001
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2015
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
CLERKSHIPS : Honorable Nathaniel M. Gorton, U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS : Boston Bar Association, Business and Commercial Litigation Section Steering Committee
- Trial counsel in a $30 million wrongful termination and contractual dispute brought by a former partner of an investment management firm. Won a complete jury verdict for the defendant in a trial lasting over three weeks, and defeated the plaintiff’s subsequent appeal.
- Lead trial counsel for individual accused of misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of contract and breach of M.G.L. c. 93A in dispute among 3D metal printing companies in federal district court in Massachusetts.
- Counsel to investors and trustees of residential mortgage-backed securities (“RMBS”) in multiple loan repurchase cases in the state and federal courts of New York, Delaware and Connecticut.
- Secured dismissal of parallel class action and derivative litigation filed in federal court in Massachusetts against Abiomed, Inc., alleging securities fraud and breach of fiduciary duty, with both dismissals affirmed by the First Circuit.
- Secured dismissal of class action litigation filed in federal court in Massachusetts against Seres Therapeutics, Inc., alleging securities fraud.
- Represented State Street Global Advisors in connection with ERISA and securities litigation arising from investment losses in their institutional funds.
- Represented a leading REIT in multiple regulatory and land use proceedings regarding portfolio properties located in Boston; represented a public company in dispute regarding environmental remediation; represented a nationwide logistics company in a commercial leasing dispute.
Rate : $$$