Daniel R. Warren is regularly called upon to take the lead role in “bet the company” lawsuits. Working with his colleagues, Dan approaches large matters with intense preparation, effective examinations of witnesses and exceptionally strong brief writing.
These skills have enabled Dan’s success in a number of cases on motions for summary judgment, at trial and in arbitration. Dan also maintains an active appellate practice, having argued more than 20 appeals in his career. Clients have praised Dan for his “razor-sharp, strategic mind and effective communication skills” (Chambers USA 2007).
Dan is ranked in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Businessand is listed in The Best Lawyers in America©. He has served on the firm’s Policy Committee and is formerly the Litigation Group coordinator for the firm’s Cleveland office. Dan chairs the Pro Bono Committee.
- Dan recently won a reversal in a major fraudulent transfer action against a Fortune 500 company that lent into a $200+ million Ponzi scheme. Several years ago, the trustee’s claims against the lender had been dismissed. Representing the trustee on appeal, Dan persuaded the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit was persuaded to reinstate the trustee’s claims for fraudulent transfer and civil conspiracy.
- Dan has deep experience in the complex area of securities litigation. He recently led an injunction action challenging a tender offer by a major insurance company on the ground that it was coercive and based on misleading disclosures of fact. After a full evidentiary hearing in federal court, the tender offer was brought to a halt.
- Dan also has been involved in major trust disputes involving claims of breach of fiduciary duty. In one matter, Dan’s client, a leading national business figure, was sued by his brother’s adult children, who accompanied their complaint with a highly derogatory press release. Dan obtained a settlement that required the plaintiffs not only to dismiss their claims with prejudice, but also to publicly apologize and pay their uncle’s attorneys’ fees.
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley School of Law, 1982
- B.A., Brown University, 1978, magna cum laude
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Ohio, 1991
- Illinois, 1982
Rate : $$$$