Daniel Zimmermann is an accomplished lawyer with extensive experience in complex corporate transactions and venture technology issues. For nearly 20 years, he has advised emerging companies and technology startups, and draws on his global experiences counseling companies in the United States and Europe.
Mr. Zimmermann provides sophisticated counsel on a variety of corporate governance and finance matters, as well as exit transactions such as public offerings and mergers and acquisitions. He further counsels Silicon Valley-based venture capital firms, as well as global venture and private equity funds in their portfolio investments in the US and abroad.
International in scope, his practice involves the regular representation of clients in global expansions and off-shore acquisitions by US companies. From 2007 to 2008, he was seconded to a European law firm where he worked on private equity, capital markets, and venture capital transactions in both London and Munich.
Mr. Zimmermann is a co-chair of WilmerHale’s Diversity Committee. He is a member of the California and New York Bar Associations and the International Law Sections of the American, California and New York Bar Associations.
Mr. Zimmermann has served as Chair of the Executive Committee of the International Law Section of the State Bar of California for the 2009-2010 term and as Chairman of the Board of the German American Business Association.
Mr. Zimmermann also previously served as president and board member of Alto International School in Menlo Park and serves as primary pro bono counsel to the School.
- Adswizz in financing its acquisition by Pandora;
- Capella Space in its Series A and B financings;
- Holobuilder in its Series A with Brick & Mortar;
- Portofino in its Series Seed, Series A and B financings;
- UXPin in Series A and B financings;
- Zendeals in financing matter and sale to RetailMeNot.
- LLM, University of California, Los Angeles, 1996
- First State Exam, Albert-Ludwigs-Universität, Freiburg im Breisgau, 1995
ADMISSIONS : California, New York
Rate : $$$