Daniela Fonseca Puggina advises multinational corporations and domestic clients on civil and regulatory enforcement matters. She has represented numerous financial institutions and other corporate entities in internal and governmental/SRO investigations as well as related enforcement proceedings, civil litigation and arbitration.
Daniela’s practice focuses on resolving disputes for US and non-US companies as well as financial institutions in securities and shareholder derivative litigation, criminal and regulatory enforcement matters, and corporate internal investigations.
She has successfully represented clients under investigation by the US Department of Justice, the US Securities and Exchange Commission, FINRA, OFR, OCC and state attorneys general.
Her practice also covers disputes about wills, trusts and estates involving assets located in several jurisdictions. Daniela’s extensive experience includes litigating over joint back accounts, beneficiary rights to trust and estates, rights of surviving spouses, and family-owned businesses.
She also assists trustees in handling disputes. Daniela also has considerable experience representing corporate clients in contract and partnership disputes before state and federal courts.
- Nova Southeastern University (JD summa cum laude) (2003)
- Broward Community College (Attended)
- Faculdade de Direito, Milton Campos (Attended)
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida~United States (2005)
- Florida~United States (2003)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Brazilian-American Chamber of Commerce of Florida – Director (2012-2016)
- Brazil Foundation – Director (2013-2016)
Representative Legal Matters:
- Representing several financial institutions in multimillion-dollar debt matters involving complex loan transactions and enforcement of foreign judgments.
- Represented the claimant in a multimillion-dollar dispute in New York and parallel arbitration in Canada seeking to return assets of trusts.
- Represented global companies, including banks, in cross border investigation.
- Represented a foreign institution in connection with SEC requests for information.
- Represented a Brazilian conglomerate operating in various sectors in South America, Europe and Africa in a multimillion-dollar commercial dispute.
- Represented an affiliate of a multinational financial institution in parallel SEC and FINRA investigations and enforcement proceedings concerning the promotion of a financial product.
Rate : $$$