Danielle C. Garcia is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm’s San Diego office. Ms. Garcia’s practice focuses on representing clients in all aspects of labor and employment law, including traditional labor relations management, harassment, and discrimination.
She has experience defending cases in state court, federal court, arbitration proceedings, and before the National Labor relations Board. Ms. Garcia’s client base spans over the construction industry, law firms, and several other industries. She also represents Native American Tribes pertaining to employment and labor law concerns, and understands the unique needs of the Tribal community.
Ms. Garcia also devotes a considerable amount of her practice to counseling employers to avoid costly litigation. She educates executives, human resource teams, and other corporate groups on how to fairly and effectively manage their workforces through things like:
- Creating and implementing employee handbooks and policies;
- Advising regarding hiring, performance evaluation, documentation, and discharge decisions;
- Managing leave issues and developing strategies to prevent leave abuse;
- Auditing for compliance with various wage-and-hour laws; and
- Training HR and management.
Ms. Garcia is a frequent writer and speaker, offering her insights on various labor law, employment law, and HR-related topics including union avoidance, the impact of the National Labor Relations Act on employee handbooks and arbitration agreements, California leave issues, and employee disability claims. She also teaches various courses as part of San Diego State University’s employment law course for Human Resources Professionals.
During law school, Ms. Garcia completed a concentration in labor and employment law, in which she received the highest GPA. Danielle was a member of the National Trial team as well as an Articles Editor for San Diego Law Review. She received a CALI award for excellence for receiving the top score in her Employment Law course. She also served as an extern for the Honorable Jill L. Burkhardt of the Southern District of California.
Prior to her legal career, Ms. Garcia worked as a human resources generalist and shift supervisor for a food manufacturing facility, where she participated in union negotiations and other personnel matters.
- J.D., University of San Diego, 2015, cum laude
- B.A., San Francisco State University, 2008
Admissions : California
- New Member at Large, San Diego County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Member, California Indian Law Association
- Member, Lawyers Club of San Diego
Rate : $$$$