Danielle L. Kitson provides advice and counsel to a wide range of employers, representing their interests in a variety of employment litigation matters in federal and state courts. She handles claims involving: Wrongful termination, Wrongful denial of benefits, Constructive discharge, Sexual harassment, discrimination, and retaliation, The Employee Retirement Income Security Act, The Occupational Safety and Health Act.
Prior to joining Littler Mendelson, Danielle worked in-house for a major national railway company where she served as the primary legal advisor to the senior vice president of human resources.
She counseled the company on employment law issues and managed all employment litigation across the 23 western states in which the company operates. She began her career as an associate with the Denver office of another firm focusing on employment advice and litigation, as well as complex securities litigation matters.
During law school, Danielle was a judicial extern for the Honorable Joan Humphrey Lefkow, United States District Court Judge, Northern District of Illinois. She also served as coordinating comment editor for the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology.
- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, 2002
- B.A., Columbia University, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Nebraska Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Program Chair, Federal Practice Update, 2014-2018
Rate : $$$$