Danielle A. Lawrence is a member of Venable’s Labor & Employment Group, focusing her practice on litigation and counseling employers of all sizes in the hospitality, education, retail, and healthcare industries, among others.
Danielle advises clients on compliance-related issues with the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Fair Labor Standards Act, New York Paid Family Leave, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, and the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act, among other federal, state, and local laws.
Danielle has counseled employers on decisions relating to hiring, firing, compensation, and personnel issues, including, but not limited to, drafting and updating various agreements utilized by employers, including employee handbooks, separation agreements, vendor agreements, and confidentiality agreements.
- Obtaining dismissal of a lawsuit against a healthcare industry client for breach of contract, defamation, and antitrust violations claims, among others, brought under a joint-employer theory
- Drafting a submission on behalf of an educational institution that resulted in a successfully vacated temporary restraining order brought by a student in an Article 78 proceeding
- Assisting in negotiation of a favorable settlement for a financial services employer in a discrimination complaint filed with the New York State Division of Human Rights
- Advising a chemical conglomerate on its non-competition and non-solicitation agreements with an international holding company
- Assisting in composition of a successful summary judgment memoranda on behalf of a professional employer organization involving allegations of age discrimination.
- J.D. Fordham University School of Law 2017
- B.S. Journalism cum laude University of Florida 2014
Bar Admissions : New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Community : Danielle is actively involved in Venable’s pro bono program. Her pro bono commitments include representing clients in connection with asylum applications.
Rate : $$$