Danielle R. Luisi defends product liability, premises liability, toxic tort and environmental claims. Product manufacturers, contractors and premises owners in complex litigation in state and federal court in Illinois and Missouri rely on Danielle’s representation.
Serving as part of national coordinating counsel and trial teams for corporations in toxic tort litigation, Danielle has been instrumental in formulating defense strategies and managing cases in some of the nation’s busiest mass tort jurisdictions on behalf of a diverse group of clients.
Through her strong advocacy, effective motion practice and trial preparation, Danielle secures dismissals and cost-effective resolutions in the overwhelming majority of cases.
Danielle also has significant trial experience as a former prosecutor in the civil and criminal bureaus of the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office. In addition to successfully trying cases to verdict, she also defended appeals before the Illinois Appellate Court, First District.
Clients retain Danielle for her proven success in courtroom advocacy and cost-effective case management for high-risk litigation. An effective communicator, Danielle simultaneously defends client interests and delivers superior client service, making sure clients understand legal strategies and courses of action.
- Defended international steel company, as part of larger trial team, in product liability, premises liability, Federal Employment Liability Act (FELA) and Jones Act cases involving toxic exposures in jurisdictions including Cook County, Madison County and McLean County, Illinois; and City of St. Louis, Missouri.
- Served on national coordinating counsel team for home improvement product manufacturer managing and executing defense of asbestos litigation throughout Illinois and in various active state and federal jurisdictions including Pennsylvania, Texas, Georgia, Florida, New Jersey and New York.
- Achieved dismissal for premises client prior to hearing on motion for summary judgment based on state of Ohio’s statutory bar of take-home asbestos exposure claims despite decedent, her father, and her husband working at client’s premises.
- Achieved early dismissal for equipment manufacturer in asbestos case before hearing on motion to transfer under doctrine of forum non conveniens to Winnebago County, Illinois, from Cook County, Illinois, based on place of injury and weight of private and public interest factors favoring transfer.
- Obtained dismissal for contractor client in asbestos case based on successor liability defense by establishing that client was not liable for entity at issue, based on extensive investigation into corporate history and corporate document review.
- Argued and prevailed as appointed pro bono counsel on motion for sanctions before federal judge, who granted sanctions for party’s failure to participate in good faith at settlement conference.
- J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- B.A., Washington Jefferson College
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois, Newsletter Committee, 2017-present
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Chicago Bar Association
Rate : $$$$