Danielle M. Kays is an attorney in the Labor & Employment Department of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. Ms. Kays advises and represents employers in a broad range of employment law matters arising under federal and state laws. She is experienced in litigating federal and state court cases involving the defense of employment discrimination claims, wrongful discharge, and retaliation matters.
She also is experienced in complex commercial litigation in a wide variety of practice areas, including financial services, consumer finance, franchise-dealer, real estate, intellectual property, and class actions. Ms. Kays has extensive trial experience and has obtained more than 25 successful verdicts for her clients.
She has years of experience handling motions to dismiss, motions for summary judgment, preliminary injunctions, pre-trial hearings, and settlement negotiations in federal and state courts. In addition to her extensive litigation practice, Ms. Kays has represented clients at many arbitrations and mediations.
She teaches trial advocacy for the Notre Dame Law School and has coached trial team for Chicago-Kent Law School. During law school, Ms. Kays was an editor of The Elder Law Journal, a trial team and moot court competitor, and a recipient of the Rickert Award for Excellence in Legal Publications.
- J.D., University of Illinois College of Law, cum laude
- The Elder Law Journal, Articles Editor & Member
- Rickert Award for Excellence in Legal Publications
- B.A. in Business Administration, Illinois Wesleyan University
- Minor in Political Science
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Assistant Trial Team Coach and Trial Advocacy Guest Instructor (2006-2008)
- Illinois Bar Association, Newsletter Co-Editor & Appointed Member, Standing Committee on Women and the Law (2011-2012)
- Chicago Bar Association (Alliance for Women, Executive Committee, 2011-2013; Young Lawyers Society, Co-Chair Women in the Law, 2007-2010)
- International Franchise Association, Women’s Franchise Network, Co-Chair Chicago Chapter (2008-2010)
- American Bar Association (Past Co-Chair, Work-Life Management Committee, Woman Advocate Committee; Women’s Caucus, Forum on Franchising)
Rate : $$$$