Danielle M. Nihan, Ph.D. focuses her practice on intellectual property matters, with particular emphasis on patent counseling and prosecution. Dr. Nihan obtained her Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from the University of California at Santa Barbara, where she worked on the synthesis of novel coenzyme Q10 analogs, prodrugs designed to cross the blood-brain barrier, the development of microwave-accelerated cross-couplings using heterogeneous catalysis and the design of a novel heterogeneous bimetallic catalyst for use in conventional and microwave accelerated cross-coupling and tandem reactions.
Prior to her Ph.D., Dr. Nihan worked on the synthesis of water-soluble ligand scaffolds at the College of the Holy Cross where she completed her undergraduate degree in chemistry.
Prior to joining Dechert, Dr. Nihan worked as a patent agent and patent attorney in the intellectual property group at Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP where she assisted in the preparation of patent applications, patentability analyses, prior art searches and due diligence analyses within the life sciences.
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A., Chemistry, 2003
- University of California, Santa Barbara, Ph.D., Organic Chemistry, 2008
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., 2016
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- American Chemical Society
- Boston Patent Law Association
- Preparation and prosecution of patent applications relating to pharmaceutical products and related methods of preparation and use, specializing in areas of organic chemistry and small molecule pharmaceuticals.
- Creation and management of patent portfolios for pharmaceutical and biotech clients with particular focus on growing portfolios for small molecule biotech start-ups.
- Preparation of freedom-to-operate and validity opinions regarding various aspects of chemical and pharmaceutical products.
Rate : $$$$