Danielle Trostorff is a shareholder in the Health Care Law Department of Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, P.C. and has practiced exclusively in health care and compliance since 1981.
Ms. Trostorff has experience handling health care regulatory matters, transactions, Medicare/Medicaid and third party reimbursement claims, and cost reporting appeals and audits, contracts, acquisitions and mergers, government and government payor audits and investigations, enforcement actions and suspensions, False Claims Act and qui tam matters as well as EMTALA, HIPAA, E-health, survey, fast track termination, licensing and certification, CHOW, ACO, Value Based Purchasing, fraud and abuse and Stark law, voluntary disclosures, and other compliance issues.
Ms. Trostorff represents all types of health care providers and suppliers, as well as pharmaceutical and Medicare Advantage Plans. She handles matters before the Provider Reimbursement Review Board and other administrative review bodies, CMS, the OIG, federal AUSAs, state Medicaid fraud units and federal courts.
- Washington University, J.D., 1977
- Washington University, M.S.W., 1976
- Cornell University, B.S., 1973
- Louisiana, 1981
- Texas, 1993
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1994
- U. S. District Court for the Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Eleventh Circuits, 1981
- Represented a hospital in Reporting Hospital Quality Data for Annual Payment Update (RHQDAPU) reporting and appeal.
- Assisted suppliers and providers in Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC), ZPIC and Medicaid audits including challenging extrapolation matters.
- Served as hearing officer in medical staff disputes.
- Represented suppliers and providers in reimbursement, appeals and post pay audits.
- Represented a home health agency in a fraud exclusion before the Office of Inspector General.
- Represented a health maintenance organization in qui tam and governmental investigations alleging a pharmaceutical company switch program.
- Represented a major hospital system in a class action alleging indigent care.
- Represented suppliers and providers in voluntary self disclosure.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- American and Federal Bar Associations
- Texas Hospital Association
- Tulane University Women’s Association
- Women’s White Collar Defense Association
- Recipient, Louisiana State Bar Association’s Pro Bono Century Award (2016)
- President, Audubon Park Tennis Club (2014 – 2015)
Rate : $$$