Danielle Vrabie is an associate in the Business Trials Practice Group in the firm’s New York office and a member of the firm’s healthcare practice team. Ms. Vrabie represents corporate clients and individuals in a wide range of complex commercial litigation matters in federal and state courts and government investigations. Ms. Vrabie is especially experienced in litigation relating to government contracts, healthcare providers, pharmaceutical companies, and other healthcare and life sciences clients.
Ms. Vrabie represents hospitals and health systems, physician and specialty practice groups, pharmaceutical companies, long-term care providers and healthcare technology companies involved in commercial litigation and civil disputes, internal and criminal investigations, Medicare and Medicaid overpayment audits and enforcement actions.
She defends government contractors and health industry clients throughout the United States against government investigations and litigation involving allegations under the False Claims Act, Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, and similar anti-fraud statutes. She has assisted boards of directors in conducting internal corporate investigations related to fraud, employee misconduct, and whistleblower complaints.
Ms. Vrabie also has substantial expertise litigating cases involving the misappropriation of trade secrets commercial contracts, and the enforcement of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements. Ms. Vrabie was recognized for three consecutive years by The Legal Aid Society for her outstanding pro bono service.
While in law school, Ms. Vrabie was named an Alexander Fellow, allowing her the opportunity to serve as a student judicial clerk to the Honorable Kimba M. Wood, Chief Judge of the Southern District of New York. She also served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Dora L. Irizarry in the Eastern District of New York.
- J.D., Benjamin Cardozo Law School, Yeshiva University, 2009
- B.S., The College of New Jersey, 2006, magna cum laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Representation of a home health care provider in connection with allegations of improper Medicare and Medicaid billing in violation of the False Claims Act and New York False Claims Act.
- Representation of medical equipment supplier in qui tam suit filed by a former employee alleging violations of CMS guidelines governing suppliers purportedly resulting in the submission of false claims.
- Representation of leading aerospace manufacturing company in False Claims Act suit relating to parts certification for airplanes flown by the Department of Defense.
- Representation of a pharmaceutical manufacturer in a Department of Justice investigation concerning allegations of improper kickback arrangements with physicians.
- Representation of a global healthcare company in Federal suit and arbitration proceedings where former employees sought change-in-control benefits exceeding $15 million.
- Representation of a leading aerospace manufacturing company in trade secrets misappropriation suit against its former employee who secretly agreed to join a direct competitor.
- Representation of a medical device company in connection with a breach of contract claim against a private equity firm regarding the exercise of certain stock rights.
Rate : $$$