Darby Chan is an associate in the Palo Alto office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where he is a member of the patents and innovations practice. His practice is focused on patent prosecution and counseling in the healthcare, medical device and diagnostics, biotechnology, software, clean tech, and consumer products sectors.
Darby has particular expertise in the medical device and diagnostics sector. He has experience with a range of technologies, including interventional cardiology, phototherapy, ablation therapy, denervation therapy, neuromodulation, ophthalmic devices, laser eye surgery, robotic surgery, hearing aids, arteriotomy closure, wound and incision closure, sleep apnea treatment, orthodontics, orthopedics, prosthetics, gynecological devices, minimally invasive surgery, medical imaging, drug delivery devices, diagnostic devices, and mobile health.
He is also experienced with investor-side and company-side IP due diligence, as well as conducting studies regarding patentability, patent validity, and freedom-to-operate/product clearance.Prior to and during law school, Darby worked as a patent agent, first in the mechanical and medical device group at Townsend and Townsend and Crew LLP (now Kilpatrick Townsend) and later in the Washington, D.C., office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati.
- J.D., George Washington University Law School, 2012
- M.Eng., Bioengineering, University of California, San Diego, 2007
- B.S., Bioengineering: Biotechnology, University of California, San Diego, 2006
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Member, Intellectual Property Section, California Bar Association
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$