Darin R. Bartram focuses his practice in the areas of constitutional litigation and appellate work, with particular experience in environmental law. Darin brings a strategic approach to his practice and helps his clients put their legal questions in context with their overall business strategies to develop a comprehensive resolution.
- Member of a team that successfully defended several Bivens actions brought against former Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld through arguments before the district courts and the Fourth and Seventh Circuit Courts of Appeals.
- Member of a team that represented the Republic of Croatia before the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia and the International Court of Justice for a number of years on a wide range of issues involving international humanitarian law and the laws of war.
- Has experience with the Oil Pollution Act of 1990, having assisted in the representation of an international group of vessel owners in challenging regulations promulgated by the state of Washington on the basis that those local regulations were preempted by federal and international laws. Litigation ultimately led to a unanimous decision by the Supreme Court upholding the vessel owners’ claims.
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Maryland State Bar Association
Community : Town of Kensington: Council Member
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 1993, with honors
- B.A., University of Vermont, 1990
- District of Columbia, 1996
- Maryland, 1993
Rate : $$$$