Darjush “Dar” Boushehri handles intellectual property matters including patent litigation, patent drafting, patent prosecution, inter partes reviews, and trademark practice. He has argued patent prosecution before the USPTO in numerous art fields.
Dar has significant experience in preparing and prosecuting patent applications for a number of different technologies, including computer and network security, video distribution and management, nuclear technology and power, and medical devices.
Dar provides his clients with the full range of patent counseling services. He assists them in analyzing and responding to demand letters, patent due diligence for product releases, portfolio analysis, and opinions and advice pertaining to infringement and validity.
Dar is a veteran of the U.S. Navy where he served as an information warfare officer for the Department of Defense. He has 10 years of experience as an intelligence and technical professional.
His background includes cyber security, national security policy and decision making, joint military operations, counterterrorism, intelligence collection requirements management, computer and communications systems, satellite communications, project management, and government contracting.
Prior to joining Ballard Spahr, Dar worked in Washington D.C. at both large and boutique firms handling various intellectual property and cyber security matters.
Professional Activities :
- American Intellectual Property Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- The George Washington University Law School (J.D. 2014)
- University of Maryland (M.S. 2013)
- University of Maryland (B.S. 2004)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Rate : $$$