Darlene M. Cho devotes her litigation practice to defending clients in class action lawsuits filed in state and federal courts nationwide. She has significant experience defending economic loss class actions where plaintiffs claim that consumer products are defective or prone to premature failure and where marketing or business practices are challenged as being false, misleading or unfair to consumers.
Darlene is also an experienced appellate attorney, having drafted numerous winning appellate briefs on behalf of her clients and prevailing in the Sixth, Ninth, and Tenth U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeal and the California Court of Appeals. Darlene maintains a broad-based practice and her clients include automotive manufacturers and distributors, automotive finance companies, personal care products manufacturers, and retailers.
Darlene is experienced in all stages of litigation, from developing litigation and discovery strategy, drafting key motions, taking depositions, engaging and working with experts, to mediation and arbitration.
She also has managed large-scale document review projects in class action and MDL lawsuits. Darlene has also guided clients through resolving and settling putative class action lawsuits on both class-wide and non-class bases where appropriate.
At her previous firm, Darlene was co-lead litigation counsel in a pro bono case where she and her team obtained a temporary restraining order preventing the federal government from deporting Cambodian nationals subject to removal orders without due process.
Thereafter, Darlene briefed and successfully argued for the nationwide class certification of Cambodian nationals residing in the United States.
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 2006
- St. John’s Law Review, Associate Managing Editor
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 2001 (Political Economy)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Asian Pacific American Women Lawyers Alliance
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
Rate : $$$$