Darolyn Y. Hamada’s practice primarily focuses on the defense of pharmaceutical and medical device companies in state and federal courts. She has experience defending complex cases, including class actions, multidistrict and coordinated litigations.
Darolyn has assisted in the defense of claims involving diet drugs, hormone therapies, cough/cold products, orthopedic devices, pacemakers, and clinical trials.
She has worked closely with expert witnesses and assisted in their depositions, trial preparation and defense. Darolyn has also prepared and defended company witnesses at depositions and has successfully obtained the dismissal of numerous cases through pre-trial dispositive motions.
Darolyn currently serves as the Orange County office’s representative on the Shook Search Committee. She is also on the firm’s Professional Development Committee and coordinates continuing legal education for the attorneys and paralegals in the Orange County office.
Darolyn volunteered as a deputy district attorney for the Orange County District Attorney’s office in August and September of 2005. During that time, she handled all responsibilities of a sworn deputy district attorney. She served as the prosecutor in four misdemeanor trials, negotiated plea agreements and handled case initiation.
Darolyn has volunteered her time at the Corbin Legal Clinic in Santa Ana, California, and has assisted low-income individuals with various legal issues.
- J.D., University of California, Davis, 1997
- University of California Davis Law Review, Senior Research Editor
- Extern to The Hon. David F. Levi, Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 1991
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Trial Academy, Participant (July 2002)
- Orange County Bar Association
- Corbin Legal Clinic, Santa Ana, California, Volunteer
- Orange County District Attorney’s Office, Volunteer Deputy District Attorney (Aug. – Sep. 2005)
Rate : $$$