Darrell D. Miller serves as the chair of the Entertainment Law Department. A prominent entertainment lawyer with more than 20 years’ experience in entertainment law, Darrell focuses his practice on transactional law with an emphasis on the motion picture, television, music, theater and multimedia industries.
As a testament to his effective brand-building strategies, Darrell is consistently listed among Hollywood’s top dealmakers by national industry publications such as Variety and The Hollywood Reporter.
As a former singer and performer, Darrell has a deep understanding of the creative talent he represents, as well as the knowledge and savvy of a seasoned entertainment attorney.
Darrell’s clients include diverse and visionary individuals and entities, reflecting his commitment to developing multimedia opportunities within the convergent climate of today’s entertainment industry.
Darrell launched his own private practice in 1996, where he served as production counsel on television, cable and film projects. The firm expanded to Miller & Pliakas LLP in 2001, in which Darrell was a partner and co-founder.
Darrell began his legal career with the national law firm Lord Bissell and Brook, where his practice included litigation and general corporate law, representing domestic and international companies, business executives, entertainment production companies and performing artists.
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 1990)
- University of Cincinnati Conservatory of Music (B.F.A., 1985)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Black Entertainment and Sports Lawyers Association (Past Chairman of the Board of Directors, President and Executive Committee Member)
- The Grammy Recording Academy
BOARD OF DIRECTORS :
- Air Force Entertainment Liaison Board
- The Music Center
- University of Cincinnati Foundation Board of Trustees
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. Supreme Court
Rate : $$$$