Daryl Dursum is an experienced trial lawyer who handles a broad range of business and tort litigation throughout Texas and the Gulf Coast region. In recent years, Daryl has focused on maritime personal injury. In the maritime arena, Daryl defends the owners and operators of vessels and offshore drilling platforms in catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases brought under federal and general maritime law.
He defends hospitals in litigation involving physician privileges and peer review matters. He has served as lead trial counsel in matters concerning contract, fraud, fiduciary duty and warranty claims. He has also represented clients in matters of consumer protection, premises liability and product liability.
Daryl is admitted to practice before all state and federal courts in Texas, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Supreme Court of the United States. Daryl has taken more than 50 trials (bench and jury) to verdict in state and federal courts.
Daryl has a well-established reputation in the Houston legal community and frequently provides in-house seminars to clients. He has also spoken at conferences in several states and Great Britain regarding current trends in tort litigation.
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 1979
- Midwestern University, B.A., 1975
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
Professional Affiliations & Memberships:
- Defense Research Institute
- Houston Bar Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
Rate : $$$$