Daryl L. Kleiman is a litigator and a problem solver who provides practical approaches to complex business and legal issues, both in and out of the courtroom. Daryl has experience with all phases of dispute resolution, from advising clients before any formal action has arisen, to guiding clients through settlement negotiations, to trying cases in court.
She has represented clients in federal and state courts, and in proceedings before regulatory agencies. Her current and former clients span a wide range of industry sectors, including major financial institutions, Big Four accounting firms, and retail institutions. Daryl also maintains an active pro bono practice.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented hedge fund in federal court trial against Lehman Brothers to recover for losses in credit default swaps.
- Represented multiple Big Four audit partners in connection with internal investigation, follow-on DOJ and SEC investigations, and resulting criminal proceeding.
- Represented international retail business in federal and state court litigation involving claims of defamation, unfair competition, tortious interference, RICO and fraud.
- Represented major European bank in state court litigation involving claims of breach of contract, misappropriation of trade secrets, and unfair competition.
- Represented foreign client before New York Court of Appeals in litigation involving financial consulting advice.
- Represented pro bono client advocating against illegal voter roll purges in federal appellate court.
- Represented pro bono client advocating for the constitutional rights of limited English proficiency Americans before a federal agency.
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 2015
- B.A., Columbia College, Columbia University in the City of New York, 2008
ADMISSIONS : New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
Rate : $$$$