Daryl B. Robertson’s practice focuses on business and finance transactions, entity formation, M&A and securities law. Daryl has experience in sophisticated and complicated business transactions in various practice areas, including corporate, commercial real estate, private equity, oil and gas, and secured lending.
He represents entrepreneurs, hospitality firms, REIT’s, private equity investors, financial institutions and other businesses in a wide variety of matters, including purchases and sales of hotels, restaurants, oil and gas, and other real estate properties, formation of real estate investment funds, commercial and real estate loans, oil and gas production loans, private and public offerings of securities, securities reporting for public companies, management agreements and leases for hotels, office buildings and oil and gas properties, joint venture and partnership agreements, asset securitizations, merger agreements, purchase and sale agreements, shareholders’ agreements, and the structuring and documentation of other transactions of wide variety.
Daryl has also been an editorial consultant for all editions of Texas Annotated Business Organizations Code and several editions of the Texas Transactions Guide, both published by Lexis Nexis.
- Represented clients in numerous mergers, purchases and sales of entities aggregating in value in excess of $10 billion, including transactions of wide variety and size.
- Represented issuers and underwriters in numerous public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, including IPO, Reg D and Rule 144A offerings.
- Represented private equity clients in sale of more than 15 private REITs in mostly separate transactions aggregating more than $500 million in sales price.
- Represented private equity clients in formation of more than 80 private REITs.
- Represented borrowers in numerous loan financing transactions.
- Represented clients in purchasing and selling numerous hotel, oil and gas and real estate properties.
- Represented lenders in loans secured by oil and gas properties.
- Advised and assisted clients on formation of numerous entities, including issues relating to governance, ownership, structure, management and legal compliance and private equity fund formation.
- Advised and assisted bank clients regarding issues with problem checks, wire transfers and ACH transactions.
- JD, Harvard Law School, cum laude, 1979
- BA, Chemistry and Management Sciences, Duke University, summa cum laude, 1976
- Member, Corporate Counsel, Business Law and Real Property, Probate and Trust Sections of American Bar Association
- Member, Corporate Counsel, Business Law, Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Law, and Real Property, Probate and Trust Sections of Texas State Bar Association
- Chair, Business Organizations Code Committee of Business Law Section, 1995-2016, Former Chair and Council Member, Business Law Section, Former Chair, Commercial Code Committee, Primary draftsman of Texas Business Organizations Code, Reporter on UCC Articles 2A, 3 and 4, Texas State Bar Association
- Executive Committee Member, Director and former Chair, Texas Business Law Foundation
- Member, Texas Bar Foundation
- Member, Dallas Bar Foundation
- Member, American Law Institute
Rate : $$$$