David Lang is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s North America Banking, Finance and Major Projects Practice and is the global head of LNG. His practice focuses on energy infrastructure development, acquisition and disposition, with a particular focus on LNG projects. David also assists clients in the upstream, midstream, renewable energy and petrochemical sectors.
David routinely works in the LNG sector, advising both domestic and international clients across the LNG value chain. He has represented clients on matters related to gas supply, liquefaction, marketing and shipping, regasification and gas sales for projects throughout the world.
David has extensive experience in developing other energy and petrochemical infrastructure, including representing upstream, midstream and petrochemical companies to develop projects, and acquire and dispose of assets. He has also represented companies around the world in private equity fund investments, joint ventures and project financing matters.
- University of Texas School of Law (JD) (2003)
- University of Texas (BS) (1998)
- High Court of Hong Kong (Solicitor) (2014)
- Texas~United States (2003)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Association for International Petroleum Negotiators – Member
- Houston Bar Association – Member
- Houston Young Lawyers Association – Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented a US subsidiary of a Canadian company in its development of an LNG export facility and related pipeline on the US West Coast.
- Advised Santos on its long-term joint venture arrangements for the GLNG project in Queensland, Australia, as well as LNG marketing and sales from that joint venture.
- Advised a Chinese state-owned company on its acquisition of a 10 percent stake in Atlantic LNG liquefaction plant in Trinidad & Tobago.
- Advised BG Group on its USD 1.3 billion project development of an LNG import terminal at Quintero, Chile, including negotiations for LNG sales, terminal use and downstream gas sales.
- Advised Hopu Investments, a leading China-based private equity fund, on its investment in New Age (Africa Global Energy) Limited and related joint development of LNG export projects in Congo-Brazzaville, Cameroon and Nigeria.
- Assisted a portfolio company of a US-based private equity fund with its investment in and joint operations with a Southeast Asian oil and gas company with operations in Indonesia.
Rate : $$$