David Rueff is a shareholder in the Jackson office of Baker Donelson and also serves as the Firm’s Legal Project Management Officer.David has been a practicing lawyer for more than 19 years, and is PMP certified through PMI, in addition to being certified in the Toyota Manufacturing Production System (Lean).
As a certified project manager through the Project Management Institute (PMP®), David leads a team of attorneys and project managers to implement project management for Baker Donelson clients, in-house corporate legal departments and disaster recovery programs.
He was responsible for the development of the Firm’s patent pending legal project management model – BakerManage®, the Firm’s Lean model – BakerLean™ and the Firm’s proprietary budgeting tool – Budget Designer™.
David is responsible for strategy development and implementation of pricing, legal project management, process improvement and supporting technologies, and he also manages a team of pricing specialists, legal project managers, attorneys and technologists.
He regularly works with Firm lawyers and clients to develop specialized pricing models, budgets and operational improvements using both process and technology.
David also assisted with the launch of the Firm’s consulting affiliate, LegalShift, LLC and serves on LegalShift’s Board of Directors. He provides consulting services for in-house legal departments by applying some of the same innovations he helped develop at Baker Donelson.
For example, David worked with an in-house legal department to improve communication within the team, automate performance metrics, improve controls on outside counsel spend and assist the general counsel with reporting to the executive team. Representative projects include:
- Management and oversight of a legal team of 11 lawyers and 20 paralegals for several federal grant and loan programs in Mississippi;
- Management of a project team providing eligibility and verification services for a federal grant program for the State of New York;
- Management of a project team providing eligibility and verification services for a home owner grant program for the city of Galveston;
- Program development for a multi-family loan program for the State of New Jersey;
- Representation of a construction lender on the development of one of the largest retail centers in Mississippi;
- Representation of a lender on the conversion of an existing construction loan to a Letter of Credit supported by a Gulf Zone Bond Issuance through the Mississippi Business Finance Corporation;
- Negotiation of commercial leases from both the landlord and tenant perspectives.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Fellow – International Institute of Legal Project Management (2018)
- Inaugural Chairman – ABA Law Practice Division, Legal Project Management Committee (2015 – 2016)
- Pro Bono Coordinator for Baker Donelson’s Jackson Office (2007 – 2012)
- Recipient – Baker Donelson Jackson Pro Bono Attorney of the Year (2007)
- Mississippi Volunteer Lawyer Project – Volunteer Attorney
Rate : $$$$