David A. Severn has been practicing law in Frederick MD, since 1980 and focuses his practice on land use, development and real estate. He represents clients in all aspects of the zoning and land use process appearing regularly before planning commissions, boards of appeal and legislative bodies of Frederick County, Washington County and their municipalities.
He has served as lead counsel in numerous large and complex development projects including “Carroll Creek Park” a mixed use, public-private partnership re-development project in historic downtown Frederick modeled on River Walk in San Antonio, “Frederick Crossing”, the first large mixed use commercial retail/employment center in Frederick County and the redevelopment of the Frederick Towne Mall.
David also works for the public sector in serving as legal counsel to the Town of Walkersville, Frederick County and Washington County Public Schools for real estate and land use matters.
David also represents and advises banks, property owners, and businesses in commercial closings and in a wide range of other real estate matters including contracts, leasing, easements, condominiums and financing. He has extensive experience in real estate settlements, title examinations, resolution of title defects and title insurance.
- J.D., University of Baltimore School of Law, 1980
- B.A (cum laude), Western Maryland College (now McDaniel College), 1977
- Maryland Court of Appeals
- United States District Court
- Member of the Economic Development Commission Advisory to the Governor on State economic and business development and retention policy
- Served on committees charged with updating the Frederick County Zoning Ordinance and the Frederick City Land Management Code.
- Member and Past Director, Land Use Council, Frederick County Builders Association
Rate : $$$$