David A. Shontz is a partner in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Business Litigation Practice Group. David litigates and negotiates on behalf of corporations and individuals in commercial litigation matters, including real estate, construction, insurance, eminent domain and general commercial disputes.
David has represented real estate developers and owners, construction contractors, energy companies, auto dealers, HVAC distribution companies, healthcare practices and others. For these and other businesses, he has helped resolve disputes over construction defects, environmental contamination, development issues, business contracts, eminent domain acquisitions and many other matters.
David has helped resolve disputes for a Fortune 100 energy firm and a $6 billion real estate investment trust. He’s also represented property owners, expressway and airport authorities on eminent domain issues.
Prior to joining Shutts, David worked for 10 years as a litigation paralegal, where he helped represent property owners against federal, state, and municipal condemning authorities. He also assisted the Orange County Expressway Authority in filing and litigating eminent domain cases on behalf of the condemning authority.
- Barry University School of Law, J.D., 2002
- University of Central Florida, B.A., Legal Studies, 1998
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Association of Eminent Domain Professionals
- Orange County Bar Association
- Chairman of the Board of Advisors, Barry University School of Law
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Rate : $$$$