David P. Ackerman defends law firms in professional malpractice and legal ethics actions. A Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, clients value his litigation experience and strategic insight in resolving disputes through trial and appeals, negotiation, or arbitration.
On behalf of law firms, David and his team have obtained favorable rulings on the basis of judgmental immunity, lack of privity, and the lawyers’ scope of work. They have obtained favorable evidentiary rulings for law firms; and recovered attorneys’ fees for law firm clients.
In addition, David litigates a variety of commercial matters, including class actions, antitrust and trade regulation, and business disputes. His team’s work has involved a variety of high stakes disputes across a number of sectors, including telecommunications, food and beverage, and storage.
With a strong commitment to the profession and the community, David is a member and past-president of the Federal Bar Association, Palm Beach Chapter and served on the Advisory Committee on Mediation for the U.S. District of Court for the Southern District of Florida.
He received the Professionalism Award given by the Palm Beach County Bar Association to an individual who exemplifies the highest ideals of ethics within the legal system. David is active with The Salvation Army where he currently serves on its Advisory Board and is chair of both the Long Range & Strategic Planning and Northwest Community Center Event Committees.
He was its William Booth (national) and Hearts of Gold (local) honoree. David is also a member of The Legal Aid Society of Florida, Board of Trustees, is past chair of the Board of Directors, and is a past recipient of their Pro Bono Service award.
- J.D., George Washington University Law School, 1982
- B.A., Bucknell University, 1979
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- The Florida Bar
- Executive Council of the Business Law Section, Past Member
- State/Federal Judicial Liaison Committee, Past Chair
- Business Litigation Committee, Past Chair
- Law School Liaison Committee, Past Chair
- Business Litigation in Florida, Chapter Author
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- National Moot Court Committee, Member
- Florida State Committee, Past Chair
- Federal Rules of Civil Procedure Committee, Past Member
- American Inns of Court
- Emeritus Member
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Member
- Professionalism Committee, Member
- Professionalism and Commercial Litigation Committees, Past Chair
- Federal Bar Association, Palm Beach Chapter, Member and Past President
- Ad Hoc Advisory Committee on Mediation for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, Past Member (appointed by Chief Judge)
- Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County
- Board of Directors, Past Chair
- Board of Trustees, Member
- The Salvation Army of Palm Beach County
- Advisory Board, Member
- Long Range & Strategic Planning Committee, Chair
- Northwest Community Center Event Committee, Chair
Rate : $$$