David M. Albert is director of strategy for the firm’s Emerging Business and Venture Capital Group. David regularly advises startup companies and companies of all sizes on a variety of issues, including those related to the creation, maintenance, and protection of their intellectual property assets.
David’s intellectual property related experience includes work on the following types of intellectual matters:
- Trademark and copyright portfolio management, including trademark clearance and prosecution.
- Trademark and copyright enforcement and litigation, including internet infringement and cybersquatting issues. In connection with these, David assists clients with issues related to the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act, the Lanham (U.S. Trademark) Act, the Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy, and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Prior to attending law school, David worked as a program director with the National Committee on U.S.-China Relations and the America-China Society. He is a member of the International Trademark Association (INTA), a member of the National Committee on U.S.-China Relations, and serves on the executive committee of the board of The Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians.
David received his Bachelor of Arts from Emory University in 1990. He then received his master’s degree in International Affairs from Columbia University in 1997, and his J.D. from University of Pennsylvania Law School in 2003.
- Represented an insurance-related education provider in connection with its multi-million dollar strategic investment, in the form of debt and equity, in a global thought leader in insurance and risk management. The transaction resulted in the client taking a minority equity interest in the target and drew on the experience of the firm’s corporate and intellectual property attorneys.
- Manage the trademark portfolio for Barcade, a fast-growing bar/arcade concept with locations in multiple states.
- Serve as outside counsel on a variety of intellectual property issues for an emerging company offering practice management software for acupuncturists.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2003
- Columbia University, M.A., 1997
- Emory University, B.A., 1990
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York; Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$$