David Azarkh is a Partner in Simpson Thacher’s New York office and a member of the Firm’s Corporate Department. David’s primary area of concentration is capital markets, an area in which the Firm has a preeminent U.S. and international presence.
David regularly represents underwriters, corporate clients and private equity sponsors in securities offerings ranging from high yield and investment grade debt offerings, leveraged buyouts, initial public offerings and other capital markets transactions. He also assists companies with compliance, reporting and establishing corporate governance programs.
David’s representative transactions include:
- Underwriters in approximately $8 billion of debt financings for Fortescue Metals Group Ltd., approximately $900 million of secondary offerings and debt financings for Kosmos Energy Ltd., approximately $3 billion of debt financings for Noble Corporation, in the $1 billion debt financing for Whiting Petroleum Corporation, in the debut high yield financing for Lonestar Resources America Inc., in the debut high yield secured financing for EnVen Energy Corporation, in the debut high yield financing for Nine Energy Service, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Magnum, in the debt financings for Resolute Energy Corporation and in the secondary offerings and debt financings for Callon Petroleum Company
- Underwriters in the financing for Carlyle’s $7.4 billion acquisition of Veritas from Symantec Corporation, in the financing for AEA’s $1.9 billion acquisition of 24 Hour Fitness, in the financing for Ares’ $1.5 billion acquisition of CPG International, in the financing for Gartner, Inc.’s $2.6 billion acquisition of CEB Inc., in the financing for Olin Corporation’s $5 billion acquisition of Dow Chemical’s chlor-alkali business and in the financing for Charles River Laboratories’ $800 million acquisition of MPI Research
- Underwriters in the $1 billion IPO, approximately $2.7 billion of secondary offerings and approximately $2 billion in debt financings for Realogy Holdings Corp., in the IPO of Laureate Education, Inc., the first IPO of a public benefit corporation, secondary offerings and over $2 billion in debt financings for Laureate Education, Inc., in the $1.4 billion IPO of ADT, Inc., in the IPO of U.S. Xpress Enterprises, Inc. and in the IPO of Neff Corporation
- Underwriters in over $1.3 billion of debt financings for Cinemark USA, Inc. and in over $1 billion of debt financings for Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC
- Underwriters in the debut high yield debt offering and secondary offering by TTM Technologies, Inc., secured high yield debt offering and secondary offering by Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc., secondary offering by Cubic Corporation and debut high yield debt offering by Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc.
- Dealer managers in multiple exchange offers, tender offers and/or consent solicitations for Sprint Corporation, Jack Cooper Enterprises, Inc., Noble Corporation, Crestwood Midstream Partners, Fortescue Metals Group Ltd., Laureate Education, Inc. and Conduent Corporation
In 2016, David served as a Contributing Editor of the inaugural edition of “Getting the Deal Through: High-Yield Debt.” The publication provides advice and insight into the global high yield market, with chapters covering a range of international jurisdictions. He co-authored the opening segment titled “Global Overview,” and the “United States” chapter discussing recent activity in the high yield market.
David started his career at Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP in 2006 before coming to Simpson Thacher in 2011. He holds a J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center, where he was Editor of the Georgetown Journal of International Law and elected to Order of the Coif. He received his B.A. from Boston University where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
- Georgetown University Law Center, 2006 J.D.
- magna cum laude; Dean’s List; Law Fellow; Order of the Coif; Editor of Georgetown Journal of International Law
- Boston University, 2002 B.A.
- summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa; Phi Sigma Alpha; Golden Key National Honor Society
- New York State Bar Association
Admissions : New York 2007
Rate : $$$