David E. Baker’s practice focuses on intellectual property law. David’s practice focuses on all areas of intellectual property with a particular emphasis on patent acquisition and enforcement, licensing and other intellectual property transactional matters, counseling, due diligence and litigation support.
He has been registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office since 1997.
- Prepared and prosecuted hundreds of U.S. patent applications in a wide spectrum of mechanical, electrical, software and chemical technologies.
- Provided intellectual property counseling to clients in such diverse fields as the medical, aerospace, e-commerce, banking, polymer fiber, computer security, shipbuilding, and document security industries.
- Conducted countless novelty, validity and infringement analyses in support of patent applicants and potential infringement action plaintiffs and defendants.
- Provided technical and analytical support in numerous litigation matters relating to infringement and contractual disputes.
- Negotiated and prepared intellectual property license and sublicense agreements.
- Led intellectual property due diligence efforts for large scale merger transactions.
- JD, William & Mary Law School, 1998
- MBA, University of North Alabama, 1994
- BS, Aerospace Engineering, Iowa State University, 1981
- US Patent and Trademark Office
- Member, Virginia Bar Association, 1998-present
- Member, Governing Council of the Intellectual Property and Information Technology Section of the Virginia Bar Association, 2007-present
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association, 1997-present
- Member, Greater Richmond Intellectual Property Law Association, 2000-present
Rate : $$$