David F. Bayne litigates complex, high profile commercial disputes and arbitration matters with a focus on professional liability defense, general commercial and employment litigation. His clients include law firms, manufacturers, insurers, investors, information service providers, educational institutions and individuals.
He primarily litigates in the federal and state courts of New York, but has appeared in courts in various part of the country as well as in arbitration forums sponsored by the American Arbitration Association, JAMS and the International Chamber of Commerce.
In his professional liability practice, David has represented lawyers and law firms accused of professional misconduct and violations of various state and federal laws arising from complex commercial and real estate transactions. David has also counseled lawyers on ethical considerations arising from their practice.
In his general commercial practice, David has litigated numerous disputes involving commercial real estate, including disputes among owners and disputes over title to real property, and has substantial experience representing a large commercial information service provider in its efforts to combat piracy and theft of its data.
He has also acted as monitoring and coverage counsel for a large European insurer and has represented a New York college in various litigation matters for more than twenty years.
- J.D., Columbia Law School, 1988
- B.A., Saint Lawrence University, History, 1983, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar Admissions : New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association, Committee on Standards of Professional Conduct, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Berkeley College, Paralegal Advisory Board, 2000-2013; Legal Studies Advisory Board, Member 2014 to Present
- Connecticut League of Women Voters, Transportation Specialist 2014-2016
- Darien, Connecticut Selectman, 2007-2013
- Darien, Connecticut Democratic Town Committee, 2005-2007 and 2014 to Present, Treasurer 2006-2007, Vice Chairman 2014, Chairman 2015 to Present
- Darien, Connecticut, Weed Beach Building Committee, Member, 2007-2012
- Darien, Connecticut Representative Town Meeting 2004-2007, 2015 to Present, District Chair, 2004-2007; Chair of Public Works Committee 2005-2007
- Darien, Connecticut Board of Ethics 2016 to Present
- St. George’s School, Middletown, R.I. Alumni Board of Visitors 2014 to Present
Rate : $$$$