David Bernsohn practices in the area of corporate law and commercial finance. Mr. Bernsohn has extensive experience in a broad range of transactions, focusing on private equity and venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, secured lending and other debt financing transactions and general corporate representation.
Mr. Bernsohn has acted as counsel to numerous private equity groups, venture capital groups, hedge funds, investment banks, individual and other institutional investors and public and privately held companies in connection with private equity and venture capital financings and other fundraising transactions, mergers and acquisitions, assets purchase and sale transactions and has represented numerous corporate clients in a wide variety of day-to-day legal issues.
Mr. Bernsohn’s commercial finance experience includes representation of both lenders and borrowers in numerous transactions involving cash flow and asset-based financings, sponsor backed and strategic acquisition financings, syndicated financings, distressed debt and special situations lending, subordinated debt and second lien financings and real estate financings. He also has served as pro bono counsel for startupentities.
- Sale of Equity Securities in Reverse Triangular Merger. Represented a provider of electronic clinical documentation and billing workflow solutions for healthcare providers in the sale of 100 percent of its outstanding equity securities in a reverse triangular merger to a wholly owned subsidiary of a publicly traded provider of clinical documentation solutions for healthcare organizations.
- Sale of Industrial Services Provider. Represented a private-equity backed provider of industrial services in a cash sale by way of merger to another private equity backed strategic acquirer for $257 million.
- Major Commercial Partnership and Equity Investment. Represented existing preferred stock investor group in a transaction involving a major commercial partnership and separate equity investment in their portfolio company by one of the world’s largest publicly traded companies.
- Purchase of Industrial Services Provider. Represented Brace Industrial Group L.P., a Houston-based industrial services roll-up, in its acquisition of Basic Industries, LLC, an industrial services company, for approximately $33 million.
- Investment Banking Engagement Letters and Opinions. Regularly represents investment banks in connection with engagement letters, various valuation opinions, fairness opinions and various other opinions and investment banking services.
- Restructuring and Sale of Industrial Bolting and Thermal Technologies Company. Represented a specialty industrial bolting and thermal technologies company and its various affiliated entities in a complete domestic and international corporate restructuring and sale to a strategic buyer for $20 million.
- Revolving, Swingline and Multi-Tranche Term Loan Credit Facility for Industrial Services Provider. Represented a provider of industrial services as the borrower in an $80 million asset-based revolving, swingline and multi-tranche term loan credit facility.
- Series of Hotel Financing Transactions. Represented holding company subsidiaries of a publicly traded REIT in several secured hotel financing transactions valued at over $40,000,000.
- Secured Financing of Employee Benefit Plan Administrator. Represented a lender in connection with a multi-disbursement term loan to a large employee benefit plan administrator.
- Secured Financing of Professional Services Corporation. Represented a lender in a secured loan to a large professional services corporation dedicated to assisting businesses with achieving their business, tax, accounting and financial objectives.
- New York
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2004
- Towson University, B.S., summa cum laude, 2000
Professional Activities : American Bar Association
Rate : $$$