David W. Bogan’s practice encompasses all aspects of public utility regulation before state administrative agencies and state and federal courts, and he advises some of the nation’s largest energy, cable, telecommunications and water companies on regulatory issues and acquisitions.
David has served as counsel to some of the largest energy companies in connection with their acquisitions, and appears before various state commissions on energy and communications matters.
He has experience in water receivership and transfer proceedings, telecommunications certification proceedings, and electric, gas, water and telecommunications rate proceedings. David has appeared before the Connecticut Supreme Court and frequently appears before the Connecticut General Assembly on utility-related issues.
Before joining Locke Lord, David chaired the Utilities Group from the Hartford office of Robinson & Cole. He has deep ties to Connecticut, launching his legal career as a staff attorney for the Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority before moving to the Connecticut Office of Consumer Counsel.
- Counsel to Atlantic Broadband in connection with its acquisition of MetroCast Communication of Connecticut, Inc.
- Regulatory counsel to United Water Connecticut, United Water New York, and United Water Arkansas in connection with rate proceedings and sale of assets
- Counsel to Eastern Connecticut Regional Water Company in connection with Connecticut Department of Public Utility Control determination of purchase price for assets located in the Towns of Durham and Middlefield, Connecticut
- Represented Dominion Resources, Inc., including counsel for its acquisition of the Millstone Power Station in Waterford, Connecticut for $3.2 billion
- Represented FPL Group, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of the Seabrook Station nuclear facility in New Hampshire for $836 million
- Represented FirstLight Power Resources in connection with its construction of a 96 MW electric generating facility in Waterbury, Connecticut
- Principal Connecticut regulatory counsel to Comcast Cable Corporation and Comcast Phone of Connecticut (1996-Present)
- Counsel to the New England Cable and Telecommunications Association, Inc. (NECTA represents all private cable operators in Connecticut and substantially all cable companies in the New England region) on regulatory matters in Connecticut and Massachusetts
Professional Affiliations :
- Executive Committee, Public Utility Section, Connecticut Bar Association (CBA), 1992 to present
- Board of Directors, Connecticut Bar Foundation, 2000 to 2008
- Co-Chair New England Chapter Steering Committee, Federal Communications Bar Association
- Member, Advisory Council, New England Energy Alliance
- Vice President and Board of Directors, Connecticut Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Regulatory Law and Rates Committee, National Association of Water Companies, 2010
- Board of Trustees, Goodspeed Opera House
- J.D., Quinnipiac University School of Law
- B.S., cum laude, University of Bridgeport
- District of Columbia
- New York
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
Rate : $$$