David C. Bowen has a wide range of litigation and trial experience and has focused on defending theme parks, resorts, asbestos defendants, automobile manufacturers, product manufacturers, railroads and physicians in medical malpractice cases.
He has a great deal of experience working with experts in the engineering, railroad and medical fields. He has tried asbestos personal injury cases in many cities across the country and currently litigates and tries product liability cases in numerous states.
- Lead counsel for a large outdoor theme park, brewery and resort. As counsel for this client, David coordinates all the casualty defense and other civil litigation arising from the facilities and tries the cases if necessary.
- Prepares and tries cases involving cranes, cosmetics, medical devices, surgical robots, propane bottles, safety equipment, defective drugs, cutting and welding equipment, heavy earth moving and crane equipment, airplanes, automobiles, waste handling machinery and other products and technologies.
- Represents railroads in crossing cases, general litigation matters and FELA suits, including toxic tort suits.
- Represented a large self-insured health plan on privacy issues and health care plan administration issues.
- Represented asbestos manufacturers in asbestos personal injury trials around the country and prepares experts for use on a national basis by several major defendants in asbestos litigation.
- Locates, cultivates and utilizes experts in the fields of epidemiology, pulmonology, pathology, radiology, internal medicine and geology.
- Represented railroads in mass tort liability cases arising out of two catastrophic derailments in Newport News, Virginia.
- Successfully represented companies in premises liability cases for a series of national chain restaurants.
- J.D., University of Richmond, 1986
- B.A., Washington & Lee University, magna cum laude, 1983
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
Rate : $$$