David S. Brafman has 25 years of experience in patent, trademark, and other intellectual property litigation, including as lead counsel in jury trials.
In patent cases, David has litigated in courts around the country involving a wide variety of technologies, including Internet-based auction systems, sensors, automotive parts and systems, fat-free cheesemaking, computer-controlled commercial cooking appliances, manufacturing processes, and silver-based antibiotics.
In trademark and trade dress cases, David has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in connection with products and services ranging from high-end fashion to rap music to hotels.
Prior to joining Akerman, David spent several years as the Assistant General Counsel for IP Litigation at Honeywell International, Inc. As a result of his in-house experience, David is keenly aware of the need for cost-effective solutions to disputes that satisfy his clients’ business objectives.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1994, magna cum laude
- B.A., Columbia University, Computer Science, 1991, summa cum laude, Valedictorian, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar Admissions : Florida; New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
Professional Experience :
- Honeywell International Inc., a Fortune 100 company, Assistant General Counsel – IP Litigation
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, Litigation Committee, Member
Rate : $$$