David E. Brezik is an attorney in the Dallas office of Gordon & Rees and a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation, Employment Law, Community Association Law, Construction, D&O and Shareholder Litigation, and Environmental/Toxic Tort practice groups.
Through his diverse practice, Mr. Brezik handles a wide variety of litigation matters for clients across the country at both the state and federal level. Mr. Brezik handles all aspects of litigation, including depositions, hearings, mediations, trials and appeals.
He aggressively advocates for his clients’ interests and has achieved early dismissals and dispositive motion awards, favorable jury trial verdicts including unanimous defense verdicts, as well as successfully negotiated numerous favorable settlements for his clients.
Mr. Brezik’s commercial litigation practice includes the representation of corporate entities as well as corporate officers and directors in business and commercial-related disputes in both state and federal courts involving claims of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of warranty, non-competition, non-solicitation and trade secret disputes, defamation, tortious interference with contract, fraud, Deceptive Trade Practices, products liability and other business-related torts.
Mr. Brezik’s labor and employment litigation practice includes the representation of employers in disputes before the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Texas Workforce Commission, Department of Labor and state and federal courts, involving claims brought under Title VII, the FLSA, the ADA, the FMLA, the ADEA, OSHA, the STAA Chapter 451 of the Texas Labor Code, Chapter 21 of the Texas Labor Code, as well as other employment-related torts.
In addition to his commercial and employment law practices, Mr. Brezik represents homeowners’ associations and condominium associations in disputes concerning the interpretation and enforceability of the association’s governing documents, as well as the drafting of association governing documents.
He also represents clients throughout the country in cases involving products liability, mass torts, and premises liability related to toxic exposures, as well as represents national and multinational developers and construction firms in cases involving contract, warranty, and surety issues, and allegations of defect in workmanship and product.
- J.D., South Texas College of Law
- B.A., History, The University of Texas at Austin
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Texas
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Dallas County Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
Representative Experience :
- Obtained a unanimous defense verdict at trial for a national retailer in a case involving claims arising from the allegation of injury from foodborne illness.
- Successfully obtained verdicts in the county court at law in forcible entry and detainer cases on appeal from the justice court for a large property management company client.
- Obtained summary judgment in a commercial litigation matter involving claims of breach of warranty, negligence and alleged violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
- Obtained the complete dismissal of a complex commercial lawsuit involving a dispute between a condominium association and its members concerning an approximately two-million-dollar renovation project and involving claims of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and fraud.
- Assisted in the defense of an insurance company client in a complex insurance coverage case, valued in excess of $10 million dollars, in which a favorable settlement was reached well below the client’s authorized settlement amount.
Rate : $$$